- Extract and copy the contents of the Office 2007 RTM (or Office 2007 SP1 if want to apply SP2) image or disc to a temporary folder.
For example, C:\Office2007.
- Download or copy the Office 2007 SP1 Update file or Office 2007 SP2 Update file to another temporary folder.
For example, C:\Office2007SP1 (office2007sp1-kb936982-fullfile-en-us.exe) or C:\Office2007SP2.
- Open a command prompt, and run the following command to retrieve and get the Office 2007 SP update MSP:
Note: The drive letters, folder names and the service pack file names (name for SP1 and SP1 is different) may vary according to your own preferences.
- Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms to start integrating the service pack to Office 2007 installation files. The process will expand several .msp files to "Updates" folder.
- Optionally, uses disc image manipulation programs to re-create a fresh Office 2007 SP1/SP2 ISO image, or burn the Office 2007 SP1/SP2 installation files inside C:\Office2007 folder to a disc media with disk burning software.